About Me

My photo
Philippines
I created this blog so that I can share my opinions, my favorite topics, my life and my journey through life when I was a child, teenager, a single woman, in love, as a mama, and now a widow. But despite everything, Life MUST go on, and let's stay surviving it, with God's grace. :)

Friday, November 1, 2013

Mother-in-Law

Today is All Saint's Day. Me and my son spent the whole day being with my mother-in-law. I love her so much, because aside from my son, she was also my husband's gift to me when he passed away. Though we seldom see each other, we regularly call each other over the phone. We would sometimes talk for hours. She would tell me everything that is happening around, even what she is feeling, and her opinions. We have our share of misunderstandings at times, but we always go back to our normal mother-daughter relationship. I have never told her this, but ever since my husband left me, she and my son, are my source of strength.

I'm so happy she's still with us at the very "young" age of 84. She still has the energy and mind of a 60 year old. She can still go to the mall, ride public jeepneys, teaches Filipino subject at a private college, can still wash and hang small pieces of her own clothes, wash dishes, etc. She tells me that if she stops doing anything, she will lose her energy and deteriorate. So, she does all these things, whenever she feels like doing them and if she feels good. She does not force herself to do things when she's not feeling well.

I thank God for her...

P.S. Please pardon me if you got disappointed with the content of my post. Hehehe. Yeah, I know most of you don't have a good relationship with your mother-in-laws and I'm so sorry for that. Well, maybe I'm one of the 1 million wives who are lucky and got a good one.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment