My personal experience for my son. When it is the season that triggers asthma, like beginning of another season, I control his chicken, dairy and food with preservative intakes. I give him more calamansi juice and as much as possible, let him stay in an environment that is not too hot nor not too cold. Airconditioning units are a great help during summer. When its the rainy season, I try to keep him warm by closing some windows. Hope this article helps most of you mothers! Stay healthy. My son is 17 years old now, and I think he outgrew his mild asthma. Though he still uses his puffs maybe once a year now...
How Is Asthma Treated and Controlled?
Asthma is a long-term disease that has no cure. The goal of asthma treatment is to control the disease. Good asthma control will:
- Prevent chronic and troublesome symptoms, such as coughing and shortness of breath
- Reduce your need for quick-relief medicines (see below)
- Help you maintain good lung function
- Let you maintain your normal activity level and sleep through the night
- Prevent asthma attacks that could result in an emergency room visit or hospital stay
Read more on this helpful website I refer to in times like this. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/asthma/treatment.html