About Me

My photo
Philippines
I created this blog so that I can share my opinions, my favorite topics, my life and my journey through life when I was a child, teenager, a single woman, in love, as a mama, and now a widow. But despite everything, Life MUST go on, and let's stay surviving it, with God's grace. :)

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Asthma Attacks


My personal experience for my son. When it is the season that triggers asthma, like beginning of another season, I control his chicken, dairy and food with preservative intakes. I give him more calamansi juice and as much as possible, let him stay in an environment that is not too hot nor not too cold. Airconditioning units are a great help during summer. When its the rainy season, I try to keep him warm by closing some windows. Hope this article helps most of you mothers! Stay healthy. My son is 17 years old now, and I think he outgrew his mild asthma. Though he still uses his puffs maybe once a year now...


How Is Asthma Treated and Controlled?

Asthma is a long-term disease that has no cure. The goal of asthma treatment is to control the disease. Good asthma control will:
  • Prevent chronic and troublesome symptoms, such as coughing and shortness of breath
  • Reduce your need for quick-relief medicines (see below)
  • Help you maintain good lung function
  • Let you maintain your normal activity level and sleep through the night
  • Prevent asthma attacks that could result in an emergency room visit or hospital stay
Read more on this helpful website I refer to in times like this. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/asthma/treatment.html



No comments:

Post a Comment