About Me

My photo
Philippines
I created this blog so that I can share my opinions, my favorite topics, my life and my journey through life when I was a child, teenager, a single woman, in love, as a mama, and now a widow. But despite everything, Life MUST go on, and let's stay surviving it, with God's grace. :)

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Snails in Coconut Milk (Guinataang Kuhol)


I miss this food! My Aunt (and my father's family) introducted me to all the exotic food that I have learned to eat and love when I was growing up. One of these is "Guinataang Kuhol" (or Snails in Coconut Milk). You can easily buy this "kuhol" in all the palengke (market) in town. We get the meat of the snail using a toothpick. And it's really so delicious! Let me share with you its recipe from the website of Chef Boy Logro.


Ingredients:

  • 1 kilo kuhol, soaked in water for an hour and tail ends removed
  • 2 cups, coconut milk
  • 4 cloves garlic, pounded
  • 3 thumb-sized ginger, crushed
  • 3 pcs labuyo, chopped
  • 1 pc lime
  • 1 stalk lemongrass, pounded
  • fish sauce, to taste
  • ground pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • spring onions for garnish
PROCEDURE:
1. In a pot, cook the coconut milk, with the ginger, lemongrass, onions and garlic. Bring to boil, while constantly stirring. Cook for about 5-10 minutes
2. Add the kuhol and season with fish sauce, ground pepper and sugar. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the spinach. Remove from heat.
3. In another pan, melt butter and add labuyo. Wait until butter is a little brown then turn off heat and squeeze a little lime juice.
4. Drizzle chili lime butter onto snails and garnish with chopped spring onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment