About Me

My photo
Philippines
I created this blog so that I can share my opinions, my favorite topics, my life and my journey through life when I was a child, teenager, a single woman, in love, as a mama, and now a widow. But despite everything, Life MUST go on, and let's stay surviving it, with God's grace. :)

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Teenage years

Teenage years. I think so far, this is the most challenging time on being a parent. Specially if your husband is not physically present. When my only son was growing up, I would give him all the love that I can give. I am guilty of being an over protective and "over-loving" mother at times. And whenever I can no longer discipline him, I would ask my husband to do the disciplining. I can still remember my husband telling me that if I will not change my relationship with my son, he will give me a problem later in life. I never, never imagined that i will be left all alone in disciplining him, since my husband passed away. My problem with my son is not that big. He is quite a good person, "basically," though I feel that he is insensitive with us, his family. Am I a perfectionist? Sometimes i feel that what i did to my parents when i was a teenager is bouncing back on me! I hope and wish that this is just a phase! But being a parent, we should never give up and never be tired of molding the personality of our children. As long as we ALWAYS remind them to be good christians, to the extent that we might sound like a broken record, we must never quit on them. Aside from us, we must always ask for God's help in giving us and our children, wisdom. When my son was a little boy, I would touch his head while he is sleeping and pray over him to God to help him grow to be a good fine man. That is our only prayer as parents, and also that they would lead a happy and successful life.

Lord, I know that you will never leave us alone. Help all of us, parents, to lead and guide our children to being good Christians. That's all Lord. We know that you entrusted us to them. Thank you Lord for being there and giving us grace in handling so many difficult times. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment