About Me

My photo
Philippines
I created this blog so that I can share my opinions, my favorite topics, my life and my journey through life when I was a child, teenager, a single woman, in love, as a mama, and now a widow. But despite everything, Life MUST go on, and let's stay surviving it, with God's grace. :)

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Music is like a Time Machine


Music is like a time machine. Whenever I listen to the music that my daddy used to play in his stereo, sized like a cabinet in our sala, all the memories come rushing in. All of a sudden, I am transported to our living room in the past, lights in the kitchen are the only lit part of our house. My daddy lying in the sofa, smoking his cigarette with his eyes closed. My sisters and my mommy usually walks around the house, or inside our bedrooms, going to and from the kitchen or comfort room. It lightens my feeling when I see my daddy enjoying feel-good music. His favorite artists include The Carpenters, The Everly Brothers, The Lettermen, Everly Brothers, Donna Summer, Diana Ross, Frank Sinatra, Andy Williams, Celeste Legaspi, Ric Manrique, Jr, Freddie Aguilar, among others. Those were the times where I want to always go back in time. Our life is very peaceful, happy, contented despite our financial difficulties. We are still happy. My daddy used to make us laugh most of the time. He is also the "rope that binds" the clan together during those times when we were little. He is such a blessing to the whole family.

Despite his happy nature, my sisters and I get scared of him when he is angry. I still remember, even if I'm a grown up, already working at that, he still hits me. - with a soft towel. - That's how he spanks us, with a soft material, you will feel no pain, you just have to instill in your mind his words. There was one time he got mad with my youngest sister, which was only in her toddler years. He was so furious, the following day, he bought her new shoes! Have you met someone like that? Hehehehe.. THAT is my Daddy....




This is what his stereo almost looks like. I wish we have taken a photo of his stereo which he very well took cared of when he was still living. :(

When you hear a particularly sentimental song, do memories come rushing in your mind as well?

Welcome to the Time Machine I am talking about....

No comments:

Post a Comment